MYFUNK

Do not attempt to adjust your computer, for there is nothing wrong....

PHILLIPE WYNNE WAS MY FAVORITE!
Photobucket
Best known for his role as the lead singer in the popular R&B group The Spinners Wynne then launched a solo career, but it was not nearly as successful. His fortunes turned upwards again as he joined George Clinton's Parliament-Funkadelic around 1979. He performed with them on several recordings, and was a featured vocalist on the Funkadelic single "(Not Just) Knee Deep." On July 13, 1984, while performing at Ivey's nightclub in Oakland, California, Wynne suffered a fatal heart attack. Wynne died the morning after.

THEN GLEN GOINS
Photobucket

Glen was a singer and guitarist for Parliament Funkadelic in the mid-1970s. Goins is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted in 1997 with fifteen other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.In reaction to what was perceived as very bad management by band leader George Clinton. He formed his own funk band Quazar in 1978.Goins died from Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1978.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE CLASSIC "SUGARFOOT"
Photobucket
The Ohio Players were among the top funk bands of the mid-'70s This group which he wrote, sang and played guitar for became the internationally famed Throughout his career he had also been friends with the late Roger Troutman of Zapp, and Roger offered Sugarfoot the use of his studio to experiment on a solo album. The project included former members of The Ohio Players and was produced by Roger Troutman who took the project to Warner Brothers.
In 1985 'Sugar Kiss' was released by the label.

IF YOU CAN POST PICS OR VIDS FOR YOUR FAVES ...PLEASE DO.

Views: 883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i tottaly agree with mr. funkasaurus keep dat funk singing craziness alive !!!
Sly Stone (who I just saw perform last week!) Glenn Goines, Garry Shider, Stevie Wonder (when he's droppin the funk)
George up until "Hey Man, Smell My Finger"
Gary Mudbone Cooper
Mallia Franklin
Sly
Phillipe
Dawn Silva
Glen Goins!
Ray
P-nut Johnson
Junie
I loved every note from everyone all the time and since.
Clipadelic!
I like all the lists but airbody forgot
BILLY BASS NELSON
George (the maggot overlord) Clinton, Glenn Goins, Bootsey, Steve Arrington, Sly Stone, Phillipe Wynne, Larry Blackmon, Ronald Isley..Slick Rick James, Sugarfoot, Larry Dodson, Gary Shider
The Funk Knat be funkin since way back. How can Sugar Foot and Mr Wynne be compared with Glenn Goins. Glenn Goins Made The P Funk sound. Its a shame that George and Bootsy receive all the headlines, and Glenn is now be rediscovered for his powerful contributions to the P Funk. The dude could sing his soul and heart out. Very powerful for a little man. A note of interest, those of you who are old funkateers, listen to the music now and find out for yourself what you have missed. When it first arrived back in the seventies, the music was funk, booty, or dance music. But one thing that went unnoticed, was the craftsmanship and talents of the musicians and singers that didn't get recognize. I enjoyed the P Funk music more today then I did years ago. Music arrangements and rhythms are out of this world. Some of the most underrated musicians ever assembled. I have to go, my blood pressure is rising. For my funkateers, just tune up your ears , and kick back to the funk with a little different perspective. Keep Funkin. Note ( You did not include Steve Arrington)
mine are glenn goins, phillipe wynne, sly stone, marvin gaye, garry shider & george clinton. i also love steve arrington, michael jackson & michael henderson.

RSS

© 2018   Created by The MYFUNK NETWORK.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service