MYFUNK

Do not attempt to adjust your computer, for there is nothing wrong....

Photobucket

AS WE ALL KNOW THAT THE CHARACTER "SIR NOSE D' VOIDofFUNK" IS A PARODY OF A SHAKESPEAREAN TALE..BUT WHO WAS THE ORIGINAL "SIR NOSE" for PARLIAMENT? WE ALSO KNOW THAT "PARLIAMAC" IS THE SIR NOSE OF TODAY. WHO "NOSE THE STORY BEHIND "THE NOSE"?

Whole Lot Of BS - Funkadelic

Tags: FUNKASAURUS, MUSIC, NOSE, SIR, THE

Views: 2322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i just talk to Larry i know he will be glad to hear folks asking about him
sir nose'd is from the zone of zero funkitivity
the original sir nose was larry hecstell
My dad is larry heckstall the original "sir nose"...funny huh?
Starchild’s nemesis is Sir Nose D’Voidoffunk ("Sir Nose Devoid of Funk" from Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome, 1977). Inspired by The Pinocchio Theory of Bootsy's Rubber Band, Sir Nose attempts to end the Funk because he is too cool to dance. He is the master of the Placebo Syndrome, which causes unFunkiness (a combination of stupidity and no dancing). His goal is to place the minds of all humanity into a state called the Zone of Zero Funkativity. Starchild, on the other hand, uses his Bop Gun ("Bop Gun (Endangered Species)," from Funkentelechy Vs the Placebo Syndrome) to achieve Funkentelechy for all humanity. With the Funky powers of the Bop Gun (which are augmented by the Flash Light....Shine the light on them suckas!!!), Starchild causes Sir Nose to reach Funkentelechy, and find his Funky soul. He then dances away the night.

(Should I be embarrassed I know this???...lol)
I love the fact that the current Sir nose'd is from East St Louis, only about twenty minutes from where I stay.
My husband Larry Sir Nose Heckstall is very much alive and well.....He still sings, but sing for Lord now.....But he still can DANCE!!!!!!!!
Saw your husband when Parliment came to B-more on the BopGun tour in the 70's. One of the greatest concerts I ever saw (truely). Glad to here that he is doing fine.
I had the pleasure of meeting Larry Heckstall a couple of times.He did some fancy dance steps as the Sir Nose character onstage in the 70s.Then Ron Dunbar did it in the 80s,and today Carlos Mcmurray(?spell?).

I agree mostly with Shauna about the origin though.George has told these tales of the unfunky about a cat so COOOOL,that he would park his Cadillac in front of the fire hydrant,go get his hair laid and dare anyone ,including the fire dept. to try and make him move.He never wanted to sweat ,wrinkle clothes,or get his hair out of place.

Now,come to the Mothership and the Parliament Earth Tour era.A young Overton Loyd who just recently met the funk mob drawing sketches of George and the mob playing with rubber noses on their faces.The character was born right there.George told Overton to make all the characters variations of his mugg.The Bootsy 'Pinnochio Theory' would've already been in effect as well 'cause that's why the length of the nose indicated unfunkiness.
Yes it was...My dad!! From Richmond Virginia Born September 23rd.
word was george put on a rtubber nose and went to a local burger king wigging out until somebody there recognised him. 

Def LEE George doing The Nose on those recordings,with the help of older effects units being tweEKed by knob twiddling Engineers,The VIBE and other GOODies.UNlike TOOdaze preSET and sample users.Bootsy DOOing Sir Nose NO-Nose Jr. on Sir Nose's SO LOW Lp:Trompibulation("Crush It),eYe'm Feeling.BEing that the Nose was "Created",And made 2 Dance!...He can ALLso B. D'Solved.He's A Puppet,4 Theory's Sake!A Character:TOONed In,TOONed Out!!KeeP picKIN YO!! Knows...U'll Find One!>("Must Be uPside Down CLOWN!Dat AIN't Cool FOOL!!"

RSS

© 2014   Created by The MYFUNK NETWORK.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service