* Are you in a bit of a quandary over the proposed topic of your law dissertations
* Have you been mulling over a few ideas for the past 3 weeks or so but can’t really get any closer to making a final decision?
* Do you need to set up an appointment to meet with a lecturer (quite whom depends on what area of law you choose) to discuss your dissertation during the next couple of weeks and have to submit your dissertation synopsis by the middle of next month?
Time is quickly running out.
If that is the case, then you are reading the right article. Below are few law dissertations topic ideas to make you think in the direction you may have been ignoring till now. These topics will surely give you a kick start in writing law dissertation
A. Criminal Law Dissertation Topic Ideas
1. Whether or not to resuscitate criminals like Ian Huntley when they try to commit suicide - there must be lots of legal questions in that topic, especially for the lawyers on both sides of the question.
2. Look at the increasing use (over-use) of ASBOs and the proposal to allow Police Forces to issue them without the need to go to court.
B. Commercial Law Dissertation Topic Ideas
1. The fundamental purpose of commercial law is the facilitation of commercial transactions. Discuss. How does commercial law attempt to meet the needs of the commercial community?
2. Is the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) better suited to international contracts than existing English sales law?
3. Principles of English commercial contracts, international commercial contracts and European contract law - a comparative analysis.
C. Employment Law Dissertation Topic Ideas
1. Legal aspects of the employee and employer relationship.
2. The legal position of casual and agency workers in the UK and in Europe.
3. Legal issues of the Contract of Employment.
4. TUPE - Does it adequately protect the rights of employees?